Like many offices, our college has a break room with a pop machine, small fridge, sink, and microwave, which is used by faculty, staff, and students alike. My particular department has its own microwave, so I don't use the communal one very often.
I was a good girl and brought leftovers for lunch today, but after eating it (really good seafood fettuccine, if I do say so myself) I needed to wash my bowl, so off to the kitchen I went.
Affixed firmly to the door of the microwave was the following sign,
and I quote:
Do not use.
This microwave needs to be cleaned.
Individual thawing bird, please clean ASAP.
Seriously? Thawing birds?
Shortly thereafter, my co-worker filled me in on the story. It seems another staff member had gone in to cook her lunch and popped open the door only to find a still partially-frozen, fully feathered bird of some sort, lying peacefully in repose.
I'm not so sure I will EVER even use that kitchen again.
Ewwww, ewwww, ewwww...
And, winging a wild guess (pun intended), I'll bet nobody ever claims responsibility.