June 1, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye

How did we manage to get from here: 


to here:





to here:



and now to here: 



so quickly???


It truly seems like just yesterday that it was me walking across that stage, receiving my own diploma, dreaming of marriage and the children to come... 

I cried when you were born, the first of many tears shed for you - both of joy and sorrow.

Then sleepless nights as you cried and cried through your first six weeks, and again after Braden was born...  When he'd cry, you'd cry.  And then, overwhelmed, so would I... :o)  We made a fine picture, I'm sure!


Cleaning up after your unending messes, as you were curious from the start, and helpful too!  When Braden came along, you often "helped" me by making a bottle for him: one bottle, half-full of water (most likely out of the toilet)?  Got it.  Scooper from the formula can? Check. 27 scoops, both in the bottle, in your hair, and on the floor?  Yep! 


There were many tears shed (by you) at the untimely death of your Big Bird Radio, a trauma that I'm not sure you've ever recovered from! 


Over the years, you have made me laugh, made me cry, and given me more than my fair share of gray hairs.  Through all the ups-and-downs you have still captured my heart.  I hope you know that I will always be your biggest fan and champion.  


And in the words of one of your favorite authors, back in the day: 


You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

~Dr. Seuss

Love forever and always,
your Momster ;o)


4 comments:

beaux said...

Sweet.

Chris said...

Okay, great now I'm crying too. Proud of you Evan.......and Tracy!

Mary Beth said...

Tracy, You always have the right words. You made me cry too. Our kids are growing up right before our eyes, I sure miss seeing them play on the lawn on the blankets and watching them when you worked late. Give Evan an extra hug from us and Congrats girl YOU DID GOOD! Love ya, MB & John

Lo said...

Love you both madly!